Creating artwork requires a lot of effort and dedication. From the initial concept to the final execution, every step is crucial. However, even a minor mistake in the artwork can ruin the entire project. Therefore, it is essential to proofread and quality-check the artwork before presenting it to the audience. In this essay, we will discuss the importance of artwork proofreading and quality checks.
Importance of Artwork Proofreading
Proofreading is the process of examining the artwork to detect and correct any errors. Artwork may contain spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, or factual inaccuracies that can negatively impact the perception of the artwork. Proofreading ensures that the artwork is free from errors and is of high quality.
Significance of Quality Check
Quality checking involves a comprehensive examination of the artwork to ensure that it meets the required standards. Quality checks help to identify any technical issues such as color discrepancies, resolution, and file formats. This ensures that the artwork is suitable for its intended use.
Consistency is crucial in artwork. Consistent typography, layout, color scheme, and imagery create a cohesive visual identity for the artwork. Artwork proofreading and quality checks ensure that the artwork maintains consistency throughout. This creates a professional and polished look.
Avoiding Embarrassing Mistakes
Errors in artwork can be embarrassing, especially if they go unnoticed until after the artwork has been printed or displayed. Proofreading and quality checks can prevent such mistakes, saving you from embarrassment and costly reprinting.
Artwork that is free from errors and is of high quality enhances credibility. Proofreading and quality checks ensure that the artwork meets the necessary standards and is accurate, relevant, and well-executed. This enhances the credibility of the artwork and the artist.
Proofreading and quality checking are critical processes in artwork creation. They ensure that the artwork is free from errors, meets the required standards, and maintains consistency. Additionally, they prevent embarrassing mistakes and enhance the credibility of the artwork. Therefore, it is essential to make artwork proofreading and quality checks a part of the artwork creation process.
Artwork Proofreading – Critical Checks Performed
- When proofreading artwork, critical checks must be carried out to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- These checks include verifying the consistency of the brand name, confirming the availability of active ingredients.
- Verifying that the correct dosage is displayed on all panels of the carton or folding box (or leaflet). Ensuring that all annotations are made by the appropriate stakeholders, checking that the SAP/Supply Chain ID is visible for future tracking.
- Confirming that the correct Pharma code is used for production and aligns with any new change requests.
- Ensuring that the artwork adheres to the correct technical drawing and variable data required for the specified production site. And verifying that the colors and separations are correct and no additional color has add so that can result in non-compliance.
Expertise in Artwork Proofreading / Quality Check
- Proofread and check the content and artwork for accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct a quality check of the artwork to ensure it meets the required standards.
- Verify graphics to ensure they are correct and consistent with the intended design.
- Compare images to ensure they are accurate and match the intended design.
- Conduct site-specific or packaging line-specific technical checks to ensure the artwork meets the required specifications.
- Conduct print/vendor related technical checks to ensure the artwork is suitable for printing.
- Conduct electronic proofreading for both text and pixel-to-pixel comparison to ensure the artwork is correct.
- Work with the labeling/regulatory affairs team to conduct regulatory checks and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Check for tamper-evident packaging, braille, and color to ensure the artwork meets the intended standards.
- Proofreaders receive training on global Regulatory guidelines to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- They adopt a right-first-time (RFT) approach to artwork proofreading to minimize errors and improve efficiency.
- They utilize a 4-Eye quality check approach to ensure accuracy and quality.
- internally synergized Regulatory intelligence groups provide regular insights on global artwork and labeling guidelines to the Artwork Center of Excellence (CoE) team members to ensure compliance.
- They maintain consistency in quality as per GxP standards.
- They use a best-in-class artwork proofreading infrastructure to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- They provide a dedicated work environment for proofreading to ensure focus and minimize distractions.
- Resces must be in training on Regulatory, packaging, and print supplier requirements to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- They offer quick turnaround time for artwork proofreading to meet tight deadlines.
- They prioritize maintaining brand consistency throughout the artwork proofreading process.